Geometry and Mesh Editor Not Working on Linux64b

I am using Ubuntu 20.04 to run version 6.1.0 of SPIS. My geometry and mesh viewer are not working. These are the two errors I get:

1. I get this error despite the fact that I have updated my glx version to 1.3 on Ubuntu.

“WARNING: Application calling GLX 1.3 function “glXQueryDrawable” when GLX 1.3 is not supported! This is an application bug!
sys-package-mgr: can’t create package cache dir, ‘cachedir/packages’
ES2 Prism: Error - reported GLX version = 1.2
GLX version 1.3 or higher is required”

1. I have made a directory called debug.log and have put it in the SPIS folder I have but it doesn’t seem to recognize this.

“ERROR in ch.qos.logback.core.FileAppender[FILE] - openFile(debug.log,false) call failed. java.io.FileNotFoundException: debug.log (Is a directory)”

Does anyone have any solutions?

Concerning your second point, you should NOT create a debug.log folder, SPIS will create itself a file named debug.log when starting. It fails to do so if you create a folder instead. Just delete the folder and let SPIS create the file. If you want to keep the log file between two SPIS launches, you can copy it elsewhere or rename it.

About your first point, I am myself using Ubuntu 20.04 successfully with SPIS 6.1.0, do you have a special graphic card setup ? In this case, do you use default drivers from Linux (“nouveau”) or proprietary drivers from your graphic card supplier ? The latter case may resolve your issue.

1 Like

I went and installed nvidia-driver-470 but my Ubuntu 20.04 is not recognizing that it is installed. Is there a way to fix this? I believe this is definitely what is making it so that I cannot see my geometry editor.

Unfortunately, this question is outside the scope of the installation of SPIS. You may find resources online, such as the Ubuntu wiki, for example https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto/Nvidia