[Archive] Win10 64 for SPIS-5.2.4&#65292

Message by Han Il:
Hi, I am a beginner for SPIS.
Win10 64 for SPIS-5.2.4 ,compile error is as following.
The goal you specified requires a project to execute but there is no POM in this directory (D:\Spis-5.2.4-win7-64b_8\Spis-5.2.4). Please verify you invoked Maven from the correct directory. -> invalid link : Help 1(Illegal character in path at index 4: Help 1).
I run ‘mvn --v’ and got a good result as follows.
Apache Maven 3.5.0 (ff8f5e7444045639af65f6095c62210b5713f426
2017-04-04T03:39:06+08:00)
Maven home: C:\Program Files\apache-maven-3.5.0\bin…
Java version: 9, vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-9
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: MS949
OS name: “windows 10”, version: “10.0”, arch: “amd64”, family: “windows”
What’s the reason?

Message by ruard:
Dear Han Il,
First, I think there is a misunderstanding about what you want to do and what you do.
If you want to compile SPIS, you have to compile the source code of SPIS available here:
\http://dev.spis.org/projects/spine/home/spisgeo/nightly/SPIS-5_2_4-source-code_zip?action=download&nodecorator
Then, our recomendation is to compile SPIS on linux OS, debian (jessie) for example.
Nevertheless if you want to use SPIS, you have to download the SPIS software consistent with your OS (Linux 64 bits, Windows 7 64 bits or Windows 7 32 bits) and launch it on as described in the README_GeoScienceDust.txt file.
Regards,
Benjamin Jeanty Ruard

Message by Han Il:
Thank you Benjamin Jeanty!.
I want to use SPIS on Win10 64.
To run SPIS

1. downloaded Spis-5.2.4-win7-64b
  2. installed JDK-8U
  3. launch spis.bat in command prompt
    but there is error such as
    RROR: Bundle Frida ! 19 ! Error starting file:/D:/Spis-5.2.4-win7-64b_8/Spis-5.2.4/./dependencies/main/Frida-0.0.16.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable to resolve Frida ! 19 !(R 19.0): missing requirement osgi.wiring.package
    (osgi.wiring.package=vtk) osgi.native
    (&(osgi.native.osname~=windows7)(osgi.native.processor~=x86_64))] Unresolved requirements: osgi.wiring.package
    (osgi.wiring.package=vtk)])…
    what’s the reason?
    Reguards,

Message by ruard:
The next SPIS public release will be compatible with windows 10 but unfortunately SPIS 5.2.4 can not run on Windows 10 because the 3D vtk layer used in SPIS 5.2.4 is not consistent with it.
The only possibility is to use Windows 7 32 bits, windows 7 64 bits or linux 64 bits.
Regards,
Benjamin Jeanty Ruard

Message by Henning Wulf:
Hi,
I’m just wondering by when the Windows 10 -supported SPIS version is planned for release?
The official support for Window 7 should come to an end rather soon, therefore the Windows 10 support will become relevant rather soon as well.
Thanks and best regards
Henning

Message by ruard:
Hello Henning,
Thanks for your question. The current public release candidate SPIS 6.0.0 is officially supported on Windows 10 (both 32b and 64b).
This release candidate is available on the following address:
\http://dev.spis.org/projects/spine/home/spis/spis-ep/download
A new official community release should be available before the end of the year 2019 :slight_smile:
Best,
Benjamin