[Archive] Simulation Error: 'an error while initializing the numerical kernel'

Message by Hodong Lee:
Hello. I am trying to analyze a plume effect of thruster using SPIS-Electrical-Propulsion.
Geometry and mesh were created without an error, and I wanted to do a quick-start by using pre-defined global parameters. However, the following error occurred. Even though I changed the global parameters to another, (e.g. LEO, NASA Worst Case, etc…) this problem could not be fixed.
The following is the error message:
Ooops! There was an error while initializing the numerical kernel.
Please report it to the development team or on SPIS bug tracker.
Do not forget to include the debug.txt file at the root of the software.
Stacktrace:
spis.Util.Exception.SpisRuntimeException: Exception at spis.Top.SC.RLCSC instantiation
at spis.Util.io.Introspection.getUIDefinedInstance(Introspection.java:177)
at spis.Top.Simulation.SimulationFromUIParams.initSC(SimulationFromUIParams.java:1197)
at spis.Top.Simulation.SimulationFromUIParams.init(SimulationFromUIParams.java:450)
at spis.Top.Simulation.SimulationFromUIParams.(SimulationFromUIParams.java:343)
at spis.Top.Top.Scenario.(Scenario.java:142)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:422)
at spis.Util.io.Introspection.getUIDefinedInstance(Introspection.java:161)
at spis.Top.Top.NumTopFromUI.(NumTopFromUI.java:135)
at org.spis.ui.spis.num.numerical.core.implementation.NumericalCore.(NumericalCore.java:127)
at org.spis.ui.ui2num.util.Ui2Num.buildNumTopFromUI(Ui2Num.java:463)
at org.spis.ui.ui2num.command.NumTopFromUICommand.run(NumTopFromUICommand.java:170)
at org.spis.ui.ui2num.command.NumTopFromUICommand.run(NumTopFromUICommand.java:54)
at org.keridwen.core.messaging.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:208)
at org.keridwen.core.messaging.DefaultBundleController$CallableCommand.call(DefaultBundleController.java:267)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
How can I fix this problem?
Thank you.

Message by Sébastien Hess:
Dear Hodong,
I guess you are using SPIS v6.0.0?
I am sorry this error occurred without a more explicit feedback. An error at this stage usually means an error in the circuit definition.
Do you have one defined?
Best regards,
Sebastien

Message by Hodong Lee:
Dear Sébastien,
Thank you for your quick reply.
My Gmsh geometry consists of the following groups:four face group: satellite (body), solar panels, thruster exit plane, and external computational boundary
one volume group: Computational volume between satellite(including panels) and external boundary.
So, there are three electrical nodes:Node 0(ground, satellite faces), Node 1: (Solar Panels), Node 2:(Thruster exit plane)
Without any prior knowledge about electrical scheme of thruster, I just wanted to do a quick-start. So, I wrote the circuit definition simply as follows:
V 0 1 0
V 0 2 -20
I thought this simple and temporary circuit definition would not cause any problem because I succeeded in performing simulation before with the circuit definition using a very simple test geometry.
I want to ask if the error message can occur because of the poor pre-simulation process like poor geometry / group properties assignment / setting parameter.
I will look forward to hearing from you.
Best regards,
Hodong

Message by Hodong Lee:
Dear Sébastien,
I managed to solve this problem.
The mesh corresponding to ESN 2 was connected to the mesh corresponding to ESN 0. (sharing line)
So, I deleted ‘V 0 2 -20’ in the circuit definition, and the error did not occur.
Thank you.
Hodong