[Archive] Plasma sensor

Message by Anthony gourdin:
Hello,

1. When I use one instrument like "surfacic flux distribution function", a new file appears in \DefaultStudy\Simulations\Run1\UserInstruments that contains the parameters of this instrument, but I have not found the way to load this instrument, for example, in a new project. How can I to load an instrument ?
2. SurfaceFluxDistFunctionPS use an oriented (normal in Vect1) disk but what is the utility of Vect2 ? Thank you.

Message by Jean-Charles Mateo-Velez:
Hi,

1. use the spis 5.2.4 development version available at SPIS-DUST project area. It allows loading an instrument.
Regards

Message by ruard:
Hi Anthony,
Just some precisions about the answer from Jean-Charles.
Indeed, the DefaultStudy/Simulations/Run1/UserInstruments directory stores the SPIS instruments created by users. Nevertheless, be careful, because these files are never deleted from the disk even if they are removed from the spis project with the user interface. They are only removed in the model.xml file used to define the data stored in the spis project.
Besides, like Jean-Charles said in his previous answer, in the new SPIS 5.2.4 version, they are several new operations on the spis instruments. For example, it is possible to duplicate an existing SPIS instrument defined in the same spis project or to import an external spis project defined in an external spis project. If you want more information about these features, you can read the SPIS user manual called “TR 1-21505-v2_SPIS-DUST-DDD_2.2.pdf” in the SPIS5.2.4_ROOT/ documentation/SPIS-Dust directory in the section called “5.1.New instrument features”.
I hope that answer to your question.
Regards,
Benjamin Jeanty-Ruard

Message by Anthony gourdin:
Hi,
Thank you for you reply. Effectively, the new SPIS 5.2.4 is better for the instruments.
(After have launch an simulation when I close and reopen SPIS-GEO 5.2.4, just the user instruments appears on the instrument list viewer.)
If I copy an xml file in \DefaultStudy\Simulations\Run1\UserInstruments and I add the line (with the good name and directory) :
DefaultStudy/Simulations/Run1/UserInstruments/Surfacic_flux_distribution_function_sensor_id1.xml the instrument will be correctly loaded ?
I have another question, I try to put several “Surfacic flux distribution function sensor” at approximately 1 meter with different angles but for some angles don’t have a final file, I think that I don’t correctly assign the OutBasis. On the manual, I can see :
OutBasis: instrument_OutBasisVect1_X-Y-Z and instrument_OutBasisVect2_X-Y-Z = coordinates of first two vectors defining the basis in which velocity distribution function are plotted.
My thruster have an +Z direction (origin), the direction of Vect (1 or 2) is taken from the instrumentCenter ?If I take for one instrument (at X = 0.173, Y = 0, Z = 0.984), Vect1(-0.173,0,-0.984) and Vect2(0,0,0) it is correct ?
Do you have other documents that explain outBasis ?
Regards

Message by ruard:
Hi Anthony,
To answer to your first question, it is absolutely not recommended to modify manually the spis5 project. Please use the “import external spis instrument” feature. Except if you are a super mega expert, it is much more better to use the SPIS user interface to edit/modify your spis5 projects.
Cheers,
Benjamin Jeanty Ruard