[Archive] GMSH

Message by abul anuar:
Hi, how do we updated the command line for GMSH. I would like to use the current version of GMSH as my cad tool (v 2.4.1). How do i replace the old version? thanks, abul.

Message by Christian Hanberg:
Hi Abul,
I’m running Spis 4.00 Rc2 on a 32 bit Linux system and solved the same problem by putting the new “gmsh-2.4.1-Linux” -folder in the “SPIS_4_00_0_RC2_Linux_32bits/Thirdpart/Gmsh/Linux-I386” -directory where the old gmsh-2.0.8 folder is situated.
Then you have the change the command line in the “config.py” -file situated in the “SPIS_4_00_0_RC2_Linux_32bits/SpisUI/Bin/” -directory.
Around line 151 it says something like: “GL_CMD_GMSH = r”…/ThirdPart/Gmsh/Linux-I386/gmsh-2.3.0/gmsh"
Change this to GL_CMD_GMSH = r"…/ThirdPart/Gmsh/Linux-I386/gmsh-2.4.1-Linux/bin/gmsh"i.e. the location of your new gmsh file.
SPIS should now be running with gmsh-2.4.1
Regards Christian

Message by Christian Hanberg:
It of course says “GL_CMD_GMSH = r”…/ThirdPart/Gmsh/Linux-I386/gmsh-2.0.8/gmsh" in the config.py file, which is then changed.
(Copy paste error as i am curently running gmsh-2.3.0)

Message by Ignacio Rocca:
Hi
Good information, the new version of GMSH show changes? where I can find this version for windows? Regards!
Ignacio

I found the site --> \http://www.geuz.org/gmsh/bin/Windows/
I´ll check this version!
Regards
Nacho

Message by abul anuar:
I’m working in windows, but it pretty much the same procedure . thanks.

Message by abul anuar:
Do we need to change anything in the CADImporter.py as well? i cant import the cad file (load geom), gmsh just hang. any idea? maybe a new command in the CADImporter file? does your gmsh works christian?

Hi abul, I checked the newest version and it works!! I didn´t change CADimporter.py, only config.py like Christian says! If you want you can upload your project on the exchange area to take a look!
Best regards
Nacho

Message by abul anuar:
yes, it’s working. i tried with version 2.4.1 previously, that didn’t worked.