[Archive] About CEX interaction

Message by Hodong Lee:
Hello, I have been working with simulation of Hall effect thruster equipped on a satellite, using SPIS-Propulsion-6.0.0.
I am trying to simulate CEX Xe+ particles through SPIS, but I have several questions about it.
SPIS propulsion 6.0.0 provides a means to apply a CEX chemical formula in the global parameter tab ’ volume interaction ’
I tried using following equation as SPIS-EP-Manual:
CEX:{Xe+}+{Xe}>{fastXe}+{Xe+}
However, a simulation result shows no fastXe distribution (every value is 0) even though CEX Xe+ distribution was shown.
I tried to change outPart#VolInteract# value as Xe or fastXe but It did not solve the problem.
Is it normal that I cannot obtain fastXe results from SPIS simulation?

Moreover, Is it right to write particle name just as ‘Xe+’ (particle type), not ‘Thruster1_Xe+’ (exact population name), for example?
I will look forward to hearing from anyone who know the answer to this question.
Hodong Lee.

Message by Sébastien Hess:
Dear Hodong,
this is due to the fact the SPIS outputs are in charges/m^3 by default, so that the neutrals appear to have a zero density.
In theory, SPIS auto adapt and should display particle/m^3 for neutrals, but this scheme does not work in all cases.
You can force densityChargeState=2 to get all the outputs in particles/m^3
Regards,
Sebastien